Try to review what we have learnt about plants the last lesson. We are goint to use a THINKING ROUTINE: THINK-PAIR-SHARE. Think: three ideas about the last lesson, PAIR: talk about these three ideas to your partner, SHARE: we will talk with all the class so we can create a small mind map about it.
LET'S HAVE A LOOK TO THIS VIDEO TO START WITH THE TOPIC:
- At the end of the video you have to create a picture in your notebook in which you represent the process of PHOTOSYNTHESIS.
- Plants breathe.
- They take oxygen and release carbon dioxide.
- It takes place in leave continually, day and night.
- Plants are autotrophs: they make their own food.
- They need sunlight, carbon dioxide, water and mineral from the soil.
WATER AND MINERALS
- They are importann for plant nutrition.
- In the soil minerals are dissolved in water.
- Plants absorved water through the roots.
- RAW SAP: The nutrients travel up from the stem to the leaves.
- It enables plant to make food using sunligth, carbon dioxide, water and minerals.
- It takes place in the lives.
- In the leaves raw sap mix with carbon dioxide and becomes ELABORATED SAP.
- ELABORATED SAP is the food for the plant.
- Sunlight is very important for the photosynthesis so it only takes place during the day.
- During this process the plants release oxygen.
LET'S PRACTICE ALL WHAT YOU HAVE LEARN PLAYING THIS GAME