Let's start this new topic with a new THINKING ROUTINE. The name of it is QUICK WRITE / QUICK VIEW. In the following graphic organizer you have to do to things a picture about what come to your mind if you think about the new topic: ECONOMY and in the other part you will write short sentences and a few ideas about the same thing. You will have four minutes to finish it. Then we will share ideas with the whole class.
Let's have a look to the next video as an introduction of the topic. Maybe you will need to review what is RAW MATERIAL. After watching the video I want you to answer these questions.
- What's the process for raw material from Primary to Tertiary Sector?
- Could you tell me one operation of each sector?
WORKIt refers to the many productive activities which people do, usually for money.
We can have:
- Active population: includes all the people who can work. The ones who are working and the ones who are unemployed.
- Inactive population: The people who can't work: Children, retired people or disabled people.
Raw material is obtained in the Primary Sector.
Natural resources are transformed into products.
- Manufacturing industries: they transform raw material into products.
- Consumer industries: manufacture products such frozen vegetables.
All the bussinesses that provide servicies like schools or tourism.
- Private services: They are controlled privately.
- Public servicies: they are controlled by the state or the local goverment.
LET'S PLAY AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT